Thursday, March 27, 2008

Presanctified Liturgy Revisited

I had enough yesterday. With Adora down for the count all three of the little ones are out of whack and there was constant screaming all day long (beginning at 1:00 in the morning for a half hour). It was really Tad's turn to go to Liturgy but he got home, took one look at my frazzled face and said, "You look like someone who needs to sit in a quiet church service." He couldn't see my backside go, my retreat was so hasty.

I got to Fr. Greg's house (nothing like Church in a Box revisited) and the ladies got to chatting about the new wall color and then Fr. Greg shooed us in to begin the liturgy and a few minutes into I realized I had to go...in that pregnant sort of way. Problem is, I *love* the Presanctified Liturgy. The tunes are beautiful and they flow on and on through the psalms. I couldn't bring myself to leave the room and relieve my now aching bladder. I would look ahead and think, "Oh, I don't want to miss that" and then a few minutes later I would think, "Oh, this part is so beautiful. I'll go after this." And then it got to the point where if I left Fr. Greg would have no catechumen to call forward for the prayers for the catechumens so I had to stay at least that long. Finally, I could stand it no longer. The people went through the prayers for the catechumens, I stepped back into my place and Fr. Greg chanted, "Depart all catechumens!" So I did....(but I came back...)

1 comment:

DebD said...

Your hubby is so sweet. The Presanctifieds are some of my favorite services.... but I'm looking forward to this Sunday and the Adoration of the Cross.