Friday, February 1, 2008

It Could Have Been Miriam...

In another time, in another place, perhaps it could have been Miriam - that's all I can think when I hear about today's latest atrocities in Baghdad. Two suicide bombers, supposedly mentally challenged women, were sent into popular pet markets and then detonated by remote control. I can't even fathom the evil of this event but I do know that probably anybody could get my dear, sweet, innocent Miriam to hold a box of pretty birds and walk into a crowded market to show them off. Oh God have mercy on us! Today I am thankful that my sweet Miriam is safe inside our home to play with her horses and sing her off-key songs and cackle at her baby brother.

1 comment:

LucisMomma said...

Since John spent time over there, everything there seems closer to me (ok, so he was all around Iraq and not *in* Iraq, but he was all over Afghanistan). This story was just so so sad. How low have these people sunk? If only they would just know Jesus.