Monday, February 18, 2008

Praying for Two

I've been trying to incorporate the Jesus Prayer into my daily discipline. I did manage to pray it halfway to PA this morning - even while listening to Narnia on CD and chatting with the kids - apparantly that can be done. Anyway, as I was praying the other morning and trying the whole thing of bringing the prayer ineriorly by praying it to the beat of my heart I realized that I have two hearts beating in my body right now. Well, that's neat I thought. So now the prayer has become Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us. I am counting on this discipline helping me through another drug-free delivery and I know that this heart connection I am forming with little Pickles will be very powerful motivation throughout labor and delivery. God really does know what He's doing....

1 comment:

LucisMomma said...

I have two hearts beating in my body right now-

oh, Mary, that is a neat thought! What a way to pray.